In the US, educational administration is often taken to include both management and leadership, whereas in the UK it is taken to be a separate activity – usually supportive of management and leadership. Education administration master’s degrees, (and variants such as education management master’s or educational leadership master’s) are designed for careers in elementary and secondary school administration, college administration, and educational supervision, management and leadership. Many colleges and universities offer these masters programs online. This page provides information on what is studied in these degrees and provides links to where you can study them online.
What do the programs cover?
An education administration master’s degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator.
A typical program might include: roles and responsibilities of the principal, funding, budgeting, education policy analysis, school law, community relations, diversity issues, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, curriculum design, management, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What are the career prospects with an education administration masters?
Graduates of education administration masters are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of an elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other educational administration and leadership positions.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration masters degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of finance masters schools and programs
- Get your master's degree fully online: Advance your career through leading-edge skills and knowledge
- Bring real-world solutions from the classroom into your current job
- Complete coursework around your schedule – when and where it is most convenient for you
- Scholarships and other funding options may be available.
- M.Ed. in Educational Administration, Dual Certification
- M.Ed. in Educational Administration
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Offers fully online master’s and doctoral programs in Education.
- Education Specialist (EdS) program offers several specializations, including Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, English as a Second Language, Special Education, and more.
- Master’s students can choose an accelerated track MEd program to complete their degree faster.
- All master’s and doctoral Education programs have no GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Leadership in Higher Education - Master of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Master of Education
- Educational Leadership - Master of Education
- And more...
- Concordia University - Portland online programs can help you:
- Get your master’s degree in just 14 months!
- Earn your Ed.D. fully online in less than four years
- Potentially earn a salary increase
- Achieve an advanced degree on your schedule, from the comfort of your home
- Use research-based best practices to have a more powerful impact on education
- M.Ed: Curriculum & Instruction: Leadership
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- And more...
- Our supportive instructors, rigorous curriculum, and experience-based approach give you the knowledge and skills to make a difference in your profession
- Our degree programs are designed specifically for working adults — put your coursework to work in your current job AND use it to reach the next level in your career
- Finish assignments and complete your degree on a schedule that works for you
- Keep your current job as you earn your graduate degree
- Scholarships may be available
- M.S. in Educational Leadership: Charter School Leadership
- M.S. in Educational Leadership
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, , and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- M.Ed. Teaching & Learning: History