Leadership masters degrees provide the knowledge and skills required by leaders in all fields. They are useful if you are interested in pursuing upper level administrative and management positions in business, nonprofit, government, or military settings. They exist in a variety of discipline or specialization areas, so in addition to reading the page below, check the pages on the HR management, educational administration, and organizational psychology.
This page helps you to locate suitable programs, tells you more about the content, the career prospects after graduation, and more …
What do the programs cover?
Leadership is required in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, a business leadership degree or organizational leadership degree will be useful. A leadership masters degree emphasizes current and emerging leadership theories, examines best practices and tools used, and develops the skills needed to lead change in an organization.
Students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: management decision making; building collaborative teams; virtual environments and new media; talent development; diversity in organization; sustainability; change management; strategic planning; transformative leadership; leadership influences; communication; ethics and social responsibility.
The prospects for graduates
What can you do with a master’s degree in leadership? Such a program can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a senior management position. With it, you are equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles. Salaries are good in leadership positions. Chief executive officers can earn a salary in excess of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these top positions.
List of schools with leadership masters degrees
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities & social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Leadership: Disaster Preparedness & Executive Fire Leadership
- M.S. in Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MS - Leadership (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Entrepreneurship (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- Master of Business Administration
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Futures Studies
- Master of Theology - Christian Leadership*
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Business Intelligence