Leadership masters degrees provide the knowledge and skills required by leaders in all fields. They are useful if you are interested in pursuing upper level administrative and management positions in business, nonprofit, government, or military settings. They exist in a variety of discipline or specialization areas, so in addition to reading the page below, check the pages on the HR management, educational administration, and organizational psychology.
This page helps you to locate suitable programs, tells you more about the content, the career prospects after graduation, and more …
What do the programs cover?
Leadership is required in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, a business leadership degree or organizational leadership degree will be useful. A leadership masters degree emphasizes current and emerging leadership theories, examines best practices and tools used, and develops the skills needed to lead change in an organization.
Students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: management decision making; building collaborative teams; virtual environments and new media; talent development; diversity in organization; sustainability; change management; strategic planning; transformative leadership; leadership influences; communication; ethics and social responsibility.
The prospects for graduates
What can you do with a master’s degree in leadership? Such a program can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a senior management position. With it, you are equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles. Salaries are good in leadership positions. Chief executive officers can earn a salary in excess of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these top positions.
List of schools with leadership masters degrees
- Earn your Master's or Doctorate degree online
- Choose from degrees within the schools of Psychology, Organizational Leadership or Social, Human and Educational Development
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association
- All faculty hold doctorate degrees and bring real world experience to the classroom
- MA in International Leadership
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Leadership
- M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship and Small Busines
- M.B.A. in Accounting
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Public Administration
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Grand Canyon University - Where a Quality Education and Faith Coexist
- Recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- We support students through their academic and spiritual journey.
- GCU offers the convenience of online, on-campus, or evening programs.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Leadership: Disaster Preparedness & Executive Fire Leadership
- M.S. in Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Leadership (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- MS Organizational Leadership
- MS Management - Healthcare
- MS Management
- And more...
University of Valley Forge was founded in 1939 and is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities.
A private university with undergraduate, graduate and lifelong learning programs, our mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world.
- MA in Organizational Leadership
Lasell College Online
An innovator in education for over 150 years, Lasell College is a private, non-profit, comprehensive coeducational college offering professionally oriented degree programs. Our 50-acre campus is located in suburban Newton, Massachusetts-within eight miles of downtown Boston.
Lasell College is fully accredited by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). NEASC is a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization. Accreditation of an institution by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment on institutional quality periodically applied through a peer group review process. An accredited school or college is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
- MS Management - Management
- Professional MBA