Leadership masters degrees provide the knowledge and skills required by leaders in all fields. They are useful if you are interested in pursuing upper level administrative and management positions in business, nonprofit, government, or military settings. They exist in a variety of discipline or specialization areas, so in addition to reading the page below, check the pages on the HR management, educational administration, and organizational psychology.
This page helps you to locate suitable programs, tells you more about the content, the career prospects after graduation, and more …
What do the programs cover?
Leadership is required in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, a business leadership degree or organizational leadership degree will be useful. A leadership masters degree emphasizes current and emerging leadership theories, examines best practices and tools used, and develops the skills needed to lead change in an organization.
Students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: management decision making; building collaborative teams; virtual environments and new media; talent development; diversity in organization; sustainability; change management; strategic planning; transformative leadership; leadership influences; communication; ethics and social responsibility.
The prospects for graduates
What can you do with a master’s degree in leadership? Such a program can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a senior management position. With it, you are equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles. Salaries are good in leadership positions. Chief executive officers can earn a salary in excess of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these top positions.
List of schools with leadership masters degrees
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- Entrepreneurship - MBA
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Performance Improvement
- And more...
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- MS - Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Futures Studies
- Master of Theology - Christian Leadership*
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.A. Management, Specialization in Global Workforce Collaboration
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Leadership (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MA: Executive Leadership