Leadership masters degrees provide the knowledge and skills required by leaders in all fields. They are useful if you are interested in pursuing upper level administrative and management positions in business, nonprofit, government, or military settings. They exist in a variety of discipline or specialization areas, so in addition to reading the page below, check the pages on the HR management, educational administration, and organizational psychology.
This page helps you to locate suitable programs, tells you more about the content, the career prospects after graduation, and more …
What do the programs cover?
Leadership is required in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, a business leadership degree or organizational leadership degree will be useful. A leadership masters degree emphasizes current and emerging leadership theories, examines best practices and tools used, and develops the skills needed to lead change in an organization.
Students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: management decision making; building collaborative teams; virtual environments and new media; talent development; diversity in organization; sustainability; change management; strategic planning; transformative leadership; leadership influences; communication; ethics and social responsibility.
The prospects for graduates
What can you do with a master’s degree in leadership? Such a program can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a senior management position. With it, you are equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles. Salaries are good in leadership positions. Chief executive officers can earn a salary in excess of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these top positions.
List of schools with leadership masters degrees
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
- The Master of Professional Accounting program is specifically designed to meet the educational requirements of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
- Prepare for a leadership role in public accounting, corporate accounting, government accounting, and other fields.
- Stay abreast of changes to financial laws and regulations with a program that is regularly revised by industry experts to keep pace with current trends.
- Students in the Master of Professional Accounting program get access to Wiley CPAexcel’s Video Gold Medal Course at a significant discount to fully prepare for the CPA exam.
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- MS - Management
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.A. Management, Specialization in Global Workforce Collaboration
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - International Organizations
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Development Consulting
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Futures Studies
- And more...
- MS Organizational Leadership
- IMBA - Leadership
- MBA with concentration in Leadership
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master in Business Administration - Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MA: Executive Leadership
- MBA - Leadership
University of Valley Forge was founded in 1939 and is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities.
A private university with undergraduate, graduate and lifelong learning programs, our mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world.
- MA in Organizational Leadership
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Master of Business Administration Management Concentration
- Online Master of Business Administration General Master of Business Administration
- Online Master of Business Administration Cybersecurity Concentration