Leadership PhD programs are useful for those interested in pursuing senior management or leadership positions in business, government and other settings. By choosing a suitable specialization, a doctorate program can provide the leadership perspective needed to succeed in a variety of sectors and positions. For example, depending on their interest, some take a doctorate educational leadership, whilst others take a doctorate in organizational leadership. Before taking a doctorate, you will need to have completed a master’s degree, e.g., those found on the online masters in leadership page.
This page tells you more about the programs, their content, where they can studied, career prospects on completion, and more …
What do leadership PhD programs cover?
Leadership is required in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, one of the doctoral programs in leadership will be useful.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, in a leadership PhD online program students require a foundation in key subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. In addition to your online courses, you will usually be expected to attend short residential workshops. You will also be required to complete advanced doctoral research preferably applied to a specific organization.
People who choose this specialization in a PhD leadership online program are sometimes looking to obtain a faculty position in university or college, or a leadership or consulting position in a military, government, business, or nonprofit setting.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
A doctorate program can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You will be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles in any sector.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of leadership doctoral schools and programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management General Concentration (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Committed to innovation, diversity, excellence, and accountability since its founding in 1996.
- Offers several programs in Business, Education, Psychology and more.
- Implements a one-to-one teaching model, partnering one student with one faculty member in each course.
- 100% of faculty members hold doctoral degrees.
- No physical residency requirements, allowing students to pursue their degree online.
- PhD-OL - Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Leadership - D.B.A.
- Organizational Leadership - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
- "Regionally Accredited"
- "Offers a Masters for Todays Most Demanding Fields in Business"
- 100% Online and Flexible to Balance Your Work and Life
- "Request Information. Apply Today!"
- Doctor of Business Administration Degree
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership in Individualized Studies
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration(Online Only)
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Colorado Springs - Doctor of Management - Organizational Development and Change
- Colorado Springs - Doctor of Management - Global Leadership