Leadership PhD programs are useful for those interested in pursuing senior management or leadership positions in business, government and other settings. By choosing a suitable specialization, a doctorate program can provide the leadership perspective needed to succeed in a variety of sectors and positions. For example, depending on their interest, some take a doctorate educational leadership, whilst others take a doctorate in organizational leadership. Before taking a doctorate, you will need to have completed a master’s degree, e.g., those found on the online masters in leadership page.
This page tells you more about the programs, their content, where they can studied, career prospects on completion, and more …
What do leadership PhD programs cover?
Leadership is required in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, one of the doctoral programs in leadership will be useful.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, in a leadership PhD online program students require a foundation in key subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. In addition to your online courses, you will usually be expected to attend short residential workshops. You will also be required to complete advanced doctoral research preferably applied to a specific organization.
People who choose this specialization in a PhD leadership online program are sometimes looking to obtain a faculty position in university or college, or a leadership or consulting position in a military, government, business, or nonprofit setting.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
A doctorate program can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You will be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles in any sector.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of leadership doctoral schools and programs
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- Organizational Leadership - D.B.A.
- Organizational Leadership - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership in Individualized Studies
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Servant Leadership
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management - Global Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management General Concentration (Executive Format)
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Ministry: Leadership