Today technology plays an essential role in the business world, and for this reason most companies are actively looking to hire graduates that have the skills and knowledge necessary to enhance their business in terms of efficiency and profitability. An MBA in this field combines the business and technology knowledge and skills required.
If this is a field of expertise that is of interest to you, you should take a moment to learn about the options for studying a technology management MBA, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to get ahead in this highly strategic field. This page has details of the programs, where they can be studied, the career prospects, and more… You might also like to look at other masters degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems.
What do you study in a technology management MBA program?
The topics covered in an MBA in technology management are directly related to the skills and aptitude that are now in demand. An accredited college or university offering such a program would provide lessons and modules related to topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills; basics of global competition; how to recognize opportunities from business convergence; creating preferential technological business advantages; anticipating and analyzing current and future trend; how to manage complex technology projects, conduct market research, financial analysis, and strategic planning; managing knowledge workers; implementing e-commerce; and, how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations.
As every department within a business now relies heavily on technology, almost every company that is in existence has a requirement for trained professionals to help fulfill the aims and goals of the enterprise. Often there is also the option to specialize in a specific field of technology management such as biotechnology. This would present you the opportunity to help address unique challenges that may not exist in other areas, for example how to introduce new products in an ethical and regulated manner.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
As of late 2009, there were nearly three hundred thousand people employed with technology manager profiles. It is believed that over the next eight years this figure will increase by seventeen per cent. This means that there will be upwards of fifty thousand openings made available over the coming years.
According to official data, graduates holding an MBA in technology management can earn between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 technology management is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click here to read and obtain a free subscription to Business Professional Weekend News and Business Professional MidWeek News.
List of schools and programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MBA - Information Technology
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- Applied Computer Science - MBA
- Management Information Systems - MBA
- MBA - Building Creativity
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- Master of Business Administration - Franchising
- Master of Business Administration - General Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park. We offer an online master of business administration program through our Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Business Administration (MBA)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Masters: Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management : Project Management
- Master of Business Administration : Project Management
- And more...
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA - Strategic Management
- MBA - Research Track