Today technology plays an essential role in the business world, and for this reason most companies are actively looking to hire graduates that have the skills and knowledge necessary to enhance their business in terms of efficiency and profitability. An MBA in this field combines the business and technology knowledge and skills required.
If this is a field of expertise that is of interest to you, you should take a moment to learn about the options for studying a technology management MBA, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to get ahead in this highly strategic field. This page has details of the programs, where they can be studied, the career prospects, and more… You might also like to look at other masters degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems.
What do you study in a technology management MBA program?
The topics covered in an MBA in technology management are directly related to the skills and aptitude that are now in demand. An accredited college or university offering such a program would provide lessons and modules related to topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills; basics of global competition; how to recognize opportunities from business convergence; creating preferential technological business advantages; anticipating and analyzing current and future trend; how to manage complex technology projects, conduct market research, financial analysis, and strategic planning; managing knowledge workers; implementing e-commerce; and, how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations.
As every department within a business now relies heavily on technology, almost every company that is in existence has a requirement for trained professionals to help fulfill the aims and goals of the enterprise. Often there is also the option to specialize in a specific field of technology management such as biotechnology. This would present you the opportunity to help address unique challenges that may not exist in other areas, for example how to introduce new products in an ethical and regulated manner.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
As of late 2009, there were nearly three hundred thousand people employed with technology manager profiles. It is believed that over the next eight years this figure will increase by seventeen per cent. This means that there will be upwards of fifty thousand openings made available over the coming years.
According to official data, graduates holding an MBA in technology management can earn between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 technology management is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click here to read and obtain a free subscription to Business Professional Weekend News and Business Professional MidWeek News.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MBA - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- And more...
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- Master - Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Information Technology Management
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Masters: Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management : Project Management
- Master of Business Administration : Project Management
- And more...