Today technology plays an essential role in the business world, and for this reason most companies are actively looking to hire graduates that have the skills and knowledge necessary to enhance their business in terms of efficiency and profitability. An MBA in this field combines the business and technology knowledge and skills required.
If this is a field of expertise that is of interest to you, you should take a moment to learn about the options for studying a technology management MBA, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to get ahead in this highly strategic field. This page has details of the programs, where they can be studied, the career prospects, and more… You might also like to look at other masters degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems.
What do you study in a technology management MBA program?
The topics covered in an MBA in technology management are directly related to the skills and aptitude that are now in demand. An accredited college or university offering such a program would provide lessons and modules related to topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills; basics of global competition; how to recognize opportunities from business convergence; creating preferential technological business advantages; anticipating and analyzing current and future trend; how to manage complex technology projects, conduct market research, financial analysis, and strategic planning; managing knowledge workers; implementing e-commerce; and, how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations.
As every department within a business now relies heavily on technology, almost every company that is in existence has a requirement for trained professionals to help fulfill the aims and goals of the enterprise. Often there is also the option to specialize in a specific field of technology management such as biotechnology. This would present you the opportunity to help address unique challenges that may not exist in other areas, for example how to introduce new products in an ethical and regulated manner.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
As of late 2009, there were nearly three hundred thousand people employed with technology manager profiles. It is believed that over the next eight years this figure will increase by seventeen per cent. This means that there will be upwards of fifty thousand openings made available over the coming years.
According to official data, graduates holding an MBA in technology management can earn between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 technology management is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click here to read and obtain a free subscription to Business Professional Weekend News and Business Professional MidWeek News.
List of schools and programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Information Technology
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MBA - Information Technology Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Project Management: Business (ACBSP-, PMI-GAC-accredited)
- And more...
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Denver - Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Denver - Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- Denver - Master of Science - Management: IT/Project Management
Founded in 1959, California Lutheran University's dedicated, accomplished faculty works with small classes of students who are open-minded—and are seeking to grow as individuals. Everyone at Cal Lutheran is committed to helping each student pursue their passions to discover their purpose, and follow that purpose to transform their community—and the world.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Masters: Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management : Project Management
- Master of Business Administration : Project Management
- Master of Business Administration - SMBA
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Business Administration (MBA)