Today technology plays an essential role in the business world, and for this reason most companies are actively looking to hire graduates that have the skills and knowledge necessary to enhance their business in terms of efficiency and profitability. An MBA in this field combines the business and technology knowledge and skills required.
If this is a field of expertise that is of interest to you, you should take a moment to learn about the options for studying a technology management MBA, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to get ahead in this highly strategic field. This page has details of the programs, where they can be studied, the career prospects, and more… You might also like to look at other masters degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems.
What do you study in a technology management MBA program?
The topics covered in an MBA in technology management are directly related to the skills and aptitude that are now in demand. An accredited college or university offering such a program would provide lessons and modules related to topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills; basics of global competition; how to recognize opportunities from business convergence; creating preferential technological business advantages; anticipating and analyzing current and future trend; how to manage complex technology projects, conduct market research, financial analysis, and strategic planning; managing knowledge workers; implementing e-commerce; and, how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations.
As every department within a business now relies heavily on technology, almost every company that is in existence has a requirement for trained professionals to help fulfill the aims and goals of the enterprise. Often there is also the option to specialize in a specific field of technology management such as biotechnology. This would present you the opportunity to help address unique challenges that may not exist in other areas, for example how to introduce new products in an ethical and regulated manner.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
As of late 2009, there were nearly three hundred thousand people employed with technology manager profiles. It is believed that over the next eight years this figure will increase by seventeen per cent. This means that there will be upwards of fifty thousand openings made available over the coming years.
According to official data, graduates holding an MBA in technology management can earn between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 technology management is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click here to read and obtain a free subscription to Business Professional Weekend News and Business Professional MidWeek News.
List of schools and programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Information Technology
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- Applied Computer Science - MBA
- Management Information Systems - MBA
- MBA - Building Creativity
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- Master of Business Administration - Franchising
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
St. Thomas University is a Miami-based institution of higher learning with a rich history of academic achievement centered on the belief that education is a path to enlightenment. Founded as Biscayne College in 1961, we earned full university status in 1984. We adopted the St. Thomas name at that time to honor the original Augustinian institution of higher learning where our founders taught and led.Learn from dedicated, experienced instructors committed to your success: St. Thomas University’s graduate degree programs offer an inclusive, faith-based academic environment focused on practical training, critical thinking and ethical leadership. A reliable online learning system allows you to study with other adult students, around your own schedule, and wherever you connect online. Our commitment is to the academic, personal, and professional success of each student, preparing graduates to be ethical leaders in the world community. We offer fully online business, education, science and technology graduate degrees built on a 50-year tradition of scholastic excellence, community leadership, and faith-focused values. Our accredited online programs meet the same high standards of academic quality as our on-campus programs and are designed specifically for working adults – study and complete assignments around your schedule!
- Master of International Business
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Masters: Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management : Project Management
- Master of Business Administration : Project Management
- And more...
- MBA - Information Systems and Knowledge Management
- MBA - Project Quality and Management